Multi award-winning managed service provider base® is seeking an enthusiastic, analytically skilled, lateral thinker to join our rapidly growing team as a Business Analyst.
As member of the Professional Services division at base, reporting to the Head of Professional Services, you will be gathering and analysing requirements on digital transformation and system integration projects.
This is a client-facing position working directly with stakeholders and across in-house engineering, software development and sales teams, on solutions for complex media workflows.
• Undertake research and analysis to understand how a business or business area works, considering the people, organisation, processes, information, data and technology
• Evaluating business processes, anticipating requirements, uncovering areas for improvement, and developing and implementing solutions
• Manage requirements throughout the whole delivery life cycle and ensure that requirements can be traced in the design, build, test, tender and evaluation phases, so that the solution aligns with business goals
• Create wireframes and user stories
• Producing workflow designs for ‘as-is’ and ‘to-be’ processes
• Some User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
• Documenting critical information from meetings with various stakeholders and writing reports
• Create functional design documentation and working closely with Solution Architects and Engineering to communicate the requirements for the creation of system integration designs
• Working directly with third-party contractors and offshore developers to ensure consistent communication and quality of delivery across integration projects.
• Working with assigned customer accounts to consult and advise on streamlining their base® solutions, in collaboration with the sales and account management team
Within the base Professional Services arm, the business focuses on its staff obtaining a deep level of expertise in Business, Applications, Technology and Data, who will be instrumental in the development of the company and its clients.
• At least 4 years as a Business Analyst, preferably working within the media or broadcast industries
• Agile Business Analysis
• Understanding of Scrum
• You can visually communicate processes, organisational structures, systems, data and roles and responsibilities, communicating clearly how they interact with one another. (BPMN + UML and other visual diagramming).
• You can translate business drivers, goals and constraints into business objectives
• You can work in a fast-paced environment and use an iterative method and flexible approach to enable rapid delivery.
• Able to manage and communicate with demanding stakeholders and clients in a calm and professional manner.
• Communication and collaboration within and across teams and departments.
• Excellent written, visual diagramming and verbal communication skills.
• Confidence and ability to communicate with stakeholders and management at all levels.
• Knowledge of media workflows and digital video content distribution
• A team player with a desire to share knowledge and train other team members.
• You will have strong communication skills and be a real team player, able to focus on complex tasks, whilst also maintaining regular collaboration with your fellow colleagues across other business departments.
• You will be a self-starter, resourceful and have good problem-solving skills.
• You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest possible standard.
• You will have confidence speaking within the business to your peers, explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
• You will have a willingness to commit to training programs provided by the company to expand your skillset.
• Jira & Confluence.
• Lucidchart or similar
Experience in broadcast or media is preferred with some knowledge or understanding of the following:
• MAM platforms (Media Asset Management)
• Post-Production Technology and Workflows
• Cloud NAS/SAN
• Adobe Creative Cloud
• PCOIP / Remote Desktop Solutions
• Share Options Package
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Savings Benefits Scheme (Sodexo)
• Professional Qualification Training
• 25 days holiday PA + Public Holidays
base is on a mission to democratize cloud services for all businesses that work with digital media files.
base centralises vast digital media libraries into one, removing the confusion and complexity of multiple clouds and software tools. Working with base businesses can manage, collaborate and deliver global projects cost-effectively.
base provides solutions to store, process, manage, create and deliver large-scale digital media content online, from anywhere. base experts identify and implement a variety of solutions, including both hybrid and full-cloud workflows. base provides award-winning cloud services to a range of clients across multiple industries, including global online video brands like LadBIBLE Group, cutting-edge sports such as EXTREME E and prestigious film and broadcast studios includingTwickenham Film Studios and Narrative Entertainment.
The culture at base is a core aspect of the business. The following values underpin the day-to-day working culture at the company:
• We are brave
• We are ambitious
• We are honest
• We are empathetic
• We are entrepreneurs
Please send your CV along with a detailed cover letter and salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.