Award-winning managed cloud servicesprovider base is seeking an enthusiastic, technically skilled, meticulouscandidate to join our rapidly growing team as a DevOps Engineer.
In this role, you will be joiningour engineering team working on a range of complex system deployments, platformdevelopment and enhancement and systemintegration projects.
You will lead the evolution ofour CI/CD pipeline with security best practices as a focus. Improvetime-to-deploy of infrastructure and services to meet demanding deadlines. Identifyingand resolving security or vulnerability concerns within our architecture.
You will build and maintain ourmulti-cloud platform using IaC (Terraform).
You will be responsible for thedesign and deployment of REST API system integrations, hosted on AWS services.
You will assist our development team, answering technicalquestions, preparing test environments and liaising with our vendors toovercome system integration challenges.
This is a fantastic opportunityfor a candidate looking to advance their career in the high-growth cloud andSoftware-as-a-Service market. You will also enjoy the challenge and roleautonomy that comes with helping to advance a scale-up stage company into alarger services organisation.
• Development and maintenance of our CI/CD pipeline.
• Supporting the on-going design and implementation of cloud services through Infrastructure as Code (IaC - Terraform).
• Deploying scalable cloud-based services on AWS, IBM Cloud and GCP.
• Design and deploy REST API system integrations.
• Working with software developers and architects to ensure that development follows established processes and functions as intended.
• Translating architectural designs into IaC defined solutions.
• Responsible for automation and system provisioning, metrics, monitoring, scalability and security.
• Document work and take part in regular code review with the Cloud Engineering and DevOps teams.
• Contribute to the development and administration of disaster recovery plans.
• Produce documentation to a very high standard.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and be flexible.
• Minimum three years of experience in a Development, DevOps, Cloud Engineering or Media Engineering field.
• Experience with software development, infrastructure development, or system integrations.
• Hands-on experience with building and managing releases, code merging and promotion, and CI/CD workflows and tools.
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• Experience with REST API integration.
Experience with the following would be advantageous:
• Project/Issue tracking tools (JIRA).
• Agile project management practices.
• Digital Asset Management / Media Asset Management solutions.
• File Transfer solutions.
• Transcoding solutions.
• SSO/MFA (SAML, LDAP, OAuth2).
• Fundamental understanding of Networking – Firewall, NAT, DNS, VPN, Load Balancing etc.
• Experience with SIEM and monitoring solutions (Datadog, Splunk).
• You will have strong communication skills and be a real team player, able to focus on complex tasks, whilst also maintaining regular collaboration with your fellow colleagues across engineering, support and sales teams.
• You will have a passion for new cloud-based technologies and be excited by the prospect of working within a fast-growing business – helping to redefine the way our clients operate.
• You will be resourceful and have good problem-solving skills.
• You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest possible standard.
• You will have confidence speaking directly with clients, explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
• You will have a willingness to commit to training programs provided by the company to expand your skillset.
• Aspiration to achieve Specialist level AWS accreditation or higher.
By joining our team you will benefit from:
• Professional Training (gain recognised product and technology training and certification including with AWS and IBM Cloud)
• EMI Share Options Package (earn equity in the company)
• Pension Scheme (we match your pension contributions at 5% every month)
• Staff Savings Benefits Scheme (save money on your living costs with our Sodexo scheme)
base is on a mission to democratise cloud services for all businesses that work with digital media files.
base centralises vast digital media libraries into one, removing the confusion and complexity of multiple clouds and software tools. Working with base, businesses can manage, collaborate and deliver global projects cost-effectively.
base provides solutions to store, process, manage, create and deliver large-scale digital media content online, from anywhere. base experts identify and implement a variety of solutions, including both hybrid and full-cloud workflows. base provides award-winning cloud services to a range of clients across multiple industries, including global online video brands, cutting-edge sports and prestigious film and broadcast studios.
The culture at base is a core aspect of the business. The following values underpin the day-to-day working culture at the company:
Please send your resume along with a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.