Award-winning managed cloud services provider base is seeking a technically skilled and ambitious Media Cloud Systems Engineer to join our rapidly growing team of media-focused cloud platform specialists.
In this role, you will work with and continuously learn new technologies across public cloud, Software-as-a-Service (SaaS), multi-cloud networking, information security and the very latest in ground-breaking Web3 infrastructure for media distribution.
Engineers at base have access to the latest, ground-breaking media and cloud technologies and are continuously learning, whilst being supported and trained by a network of expert colleagues and specialist vendor-partners.
You will use your existing knowledge and passion for cloud-based infrastructure and digital media workflows to help our broad range of media clients in their journeys to the cloud.
Joining our growing, specialist team, you will be responsible for the technical setup, configuration and ongoing back-end administration, 2nd and 3rd line engineering support of multiple cloud-based media solutions, operating across IBM Cloud, AWS, Google Cloud Platform and our private network data centres.
Products under your management will span from cloud storage and cutting-edge media Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) applications through to data centre core networking equipment, firewalls and software-defined networks, virtual machines and hypervisors and cloud Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
You will build and maintain our multi-cloud platform using Infrastructure-as-Code (IaC).
You will assist our software development teams, answering technical questions, preparing test environments and liaising with our vendors to overcome system integration challenges.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a candidate looking to advance their career in the high-growth cloud and Software-as-a-Service market, with a focus on media storage, media asset management and file delivery workloads.
Day-to-day your role and responsibilities will include:
• Provisioning and integration of new services, combining cloud storage with multi-cloud hosted media SaaS applications.
• Deploying scalable cloud-based services on AWS, IBM Cloud and GCP.
• Supporting the on-going design and implementation of cloud services through Infrastructure as Code (IaC - Terraform).
• Assisting in-house engineers and third-party vendor-partner engineering teams with the administration and technical support of networks, storage, cloud infrastructure and cloud-based software platforms.
• Provide 2nd and 3rd line technical engineering support, working in collaboration with your customer support desk colleagues, in-house engineering peers and vendor partner engineering and dev teams.
• Evaluating and testing new solutions/software products and documenting all results.
• Writing and designing internal-facing knowledge base articles, network diagrams for all solutions.
• Reviewing logs, troubleshooting and resolving technical issues.
• Managing and developing enhanced platform monitoring tools.
• Continually streamlining and automated support workflows.
• Working with software developers and architects to ensure that development follows established processes and functions as intended.
• Translating architectural designs into IaC defined solutions.
• Automation of system provisioning, metrics logging, monitoring, scalability and security.
• Perform infrastructure analysis and capacity planning.
• Identify, analyse, isolate, troubleshoot and provide detailed resolutions of complex technical issues.
• Contribute to the development and administration of disaster recovery plans.
You will work with cloud platform components and partners including:
• Cloud Storage: infrastructure including IBM Cloud Object Storage (S3), AWS (S3 / Glacier), other public cloud S3 solutions, Data Centre hosted Network Attached Storage (NFS / SMB).
• Server Infrastructure: Bare Metal and Virtual Machine infrastructure including IBM Cloud, AWS EC2 and other similar hypervisor products.
• Networking: configuring and managing VLANs, firewalls and routers directly and with specialist 3rd party vendors, as well as software-defined networks in the cloud.
• Serverless: configuring and managing serverless environments in AWS and IBM Cloud.
• OS: The majority of our servers run Linux/CENTOS. We have minimal Windows Server virtual machines, therefore strong operational experience of Linux environments is essential.
• File Transfer: SaaS applications including; Aspera, Signiant, Resilio and LucidLink.
• Media Asset Management: SaaS applications including; iconik, Veritone Digital Media Hub.
• Remote Workstations: SaaS applications including; BeBop Technology, Teradici (PCoIP), Parsec.
• Transcoding: cloud hosted applications including; Dolby Hybrik, FFMpeg, Telestream.
• Streaming: solutions for video-on-demand and live video.
• Artificial Intelligence: SaaS applications including; Veritone aiWare, Google and AWS AI as well as custom-developed AI engines.
• Web3: Cutting-edge blockchain-based just-in-time video delivery pipeline and node infrastructure contribution.
• Integrations: Custom-developed microservices, web-hook integrations and full stack applications typically running in AWS.
• Minimum three years of experience in Cloud Engineering or Media Systems Engineering field.
• Experience of AWS core services, such as VPC, EC2, S3, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, Route 53, Lambda, SQS, SNS etc or GCP, IBM Cloud equivalents.
• Hands-on experience with Infrastructure as Code.
• Experience with containerisation technologies, such as Kubernetes, Fargate, ECS, EKS.
• Experience of working in a DevOps environment, supporting developers CI/CD pipeline.
• Detailed understanding of IaaS & PaaS capabilities with an awareness of how these may, or may not, support application architecture.
• You will be comfortable presenting solutions both in written documents and workshops, leading discussions around public cloud solutions at a high level.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Detailed documentation skills.
• Work independently with minimal supervision and have an ability to quickly adapt in a fast-changing environment.
• Demonstrate a willingness to learn and be flexible.
• AWS, IBM Cloud or GCP certification is desirable.
• Experience with REST API integrations
• SSO/MFA and AD (SAML, LDAP, OAuth2, LDAP)
• Digital Asset Management / Media Asset Management solutions
• Accelerated File Transfer solutions
• Transcoding solutions
• Experience with SIEM and monitoring solutions (e.g. Datadog, Splunk etc)
• Project/Issue tracking tools (e.g. JIRA)
• Agile project management practices
• You will have strong communication skills and be a real team player, able to focus on complex tasks, whilst also maintaining regular collaboration with your fellow colleagues across engineering, support and sales teams.
• You will have a passion for new cloud-based technologies and be excited by the prospect of working within a fast-growing business – helping to redefine the way our clients operate.
• You will be resourceful and have good problem-solving skills.
• You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest possible standard.
• You will have confidence speaking directly with clients, explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
• You will have a willingness to commit to training programs provided by the company to expand your skillset
• Aspiration to achieve Specialist level AWS accreditation or higher
By joining our team you will benefit from:
• Professional Training (gain recognised product and technology training and certification including with AWS and IBM Cloud)
• EMI Share Options Package (earn equity in the company)
• Pension Scheme (we match your pension contributions at 5% every month)
• Staff Savings Benefits Scheme (save money on your living costs with our Sodexo scheme)
base is on a mission to democratise cloud services for all businesses that work with digital media files.
base centralises vast digital media libraries into one, removing the confusion and complexity of multiple clouds and software tools. Working with base, businesses can manage, collaborate and deliver global projects cost-effectively.
base provides solutions to store, process, manage, create and deliver large-scale digital media content online, from anywhere. base experts identify and implement a variety of solutions, including both hybrid and full-cloud workflows. base provides award-winning cloud services to a range of clients across multiple industries, including global online video brands, cutting-edge sports and prestigious film and broadcast studios.
The culture at base is a core aspect of the business. The following values underpin the day-to-day working culture at the company:
Please send your resume along with a detailed cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.