Multi award-winning managed service provider base® is seeking an enthusiastic, technically skilled, logical thinker to join our rapidly growing team as a Senior Cloud Solution Architect.
As member of the Professional Services division at base, you will be instrumental in leading the technical aspects of the department, delivering solutions for digital transformation and system integration projects.
This is a client-facing role where you will closely with in-house engineering, software development and sales teams, as well as third-party cloud infrastructure and Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) partners, to scope, design, manage and supervise the deployment of tailored cloud solutions for complex media workflows.
• Attending the sales meetings with sales team to assess customers’ requirements and recommend solutions.
• High Level Designs of customer cloud solutions (including cloud infrastructure, SaaS products and software integration tooling).
• Creating and communicating detailed Statement of Works (SoWs) with customers and internal stakeholders.
• Briefing engineering and software development teams on customer solution requirements and tracking build progress.
• Briefing, managing and quality checking third-party and in-house developers’ work.
• Supervising the testing and QA process of solutions with engineering team.
• Supervising the technical on-boarding of customers to production cloud systems, alongside the account management and support teams to advise on workflow and infrastructure optimisations.
• Working alongside the sales team, providing technical consultation and advice during the lifetime of a customer contract and assisting with upgrades and platform design improvements.
• Working directly with a variety of cloud infrastructure and SaaS partners to scope, design and manage custom integration High Level Designs.
• Working directly with third-party contractors and off-shore developers to ensure consistent communication and quality of delivery across integration projects.
• Working with assigned customer accounts to consult and advise on streamlining their base solutions, in collaboration with the sales and account management team.
Within the base® Professional Services arm, the business focuses on its staff obtaining a deep level of expertise in Business, Applications,Technology and Data who will be instrumental in the development of the company and its clients.
• Previous hands-on IT infrastructure, networking, cloud platform and software integration experience.
• Broadcast/Media on-prem and cloud experience preferred.
• Detailed knowledge of media formats, media workflows and digital video content distribution.
• Excellent written, visual diagramming and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent presentation skills with prior technical sales experience (which could include pitching solutions to internal stakeholders or external buyers).
• Ability to communicate with stakeholders and management at all levels.
• A team player with a desire to share knowledge and train other team members.
You will have experience with a variety of the following cloud or SaaS platforms or products;
• IBM Cloud
• Google Cloud Platform
• VMWare (or other Hypervisor)
Software / Software-as-a-Service:
• MAM platforms (Media Asset Management).
• Accelerated File Transfer Solutions (UDP File Transfer).
• Cloud NAS/SAN.
• Transcoding (e.g.: Dolby Hybrik, Telestream Cloud, FFMpeg).
• Adobe Creative Cloud (including Premiere, Frame.io).
• PCOIP / Remote Desktop Solutions.
• Artificial Intelligence (e.g.: Veritone aiWARE, AWS, Google, REV.ai).
• OKTA (or equivalent SSO/MFA tools).
• Active Directory.
You will have experience working with developers to connect and integrate multiple software systems via API, and although not required to conduct development yourself, you will have a fundamental understanding of the following development practices:
• Software High Level (Workflow) Design.
• Software Low Level Design.
• Fundamentals of Application Programming Interface (API).
• Fundamentals of Development Languages (Python, Java Script are preferable).
• Testing Processes, QA and UAT.
• Application and Infrastructure Security Best Practises.
• Serverless Application Hosting (e.g.: AWS Lambda, Docker).
• You will have a minimum of degree level qualification, preferably in an engineering or media related subject or equivalent experience.
• You will already hold industry recognised cloud qualifications including, for example: AWS Solutions Architect (or other)..
• At least 8 years in similar or related roles in engineering teams, working within the media or broadcast industries.
• Working with Scrum / Agile project methodologies.
• You will have strong communication skills and be a real team player, able to focus on complex tasks, whilst also maintaining regular collaboration with your fellow colleagues across other business departments.
• You will have a passion for new cloud-based technologies and be excited by the prospect of working within a fast-growing business – helping to redefine the way our clients operate.
• You will be resourceful and have good problem-solving skills.
• You will work well under pressure and be well-organised and capable of meeting project deadlines and delivering work to the highest possible standard.
• You will have confidence speaking directly with clients if necessary, explaining complex concepts in easy-to-understand language.
• You will have a willingness to commit to training programs provided by the company to expand your skillset.
• Aspiration to achieve Specialist level accreditation or higher for AWS, IBM etc.
• Share Options Package
• Pension Scheme
• Staff Savings Benefits Scheme (Sodexo)
• Professional Qualification Training
• 25 days holiday PA + Public Holidays
base provides integrated online media solutions to the world’s largest brands, including The Football Association, LADbible Group and Narrative Entertainment. Navigating customers on their digital transformation journey with a host of cloud-based software solutions, base removes the confusion and complexity of integrating and managing multiple clouds and software tools.
base experts identify and implement a variety of solutions, including both hybrid and full-cloud workflows. base provides award-winning cloud services to a range of clients across multiple industries. Working with base, businesses can manage, collaborate, and deliver global projects cost-effectively.
The culture at base is a core aspect of the business. The following values underpin the day-to-day working culture at the company:
• We are bold
• We are curious
• We are collaborative
• We are empathetic
• We are fair
Please send your resume along with a cover letter setting out your work experience to firstname.lastname@example.org.